Adventure Mountain Biking
Our facilities and cottages are ideal for mountain biking. Lots of space, bike wash area, braai and kuier after a long ride. We can cater for groups of up to 16 people and supply meals, seconding or waterpoints on request. We have various options available, including but not restricted to the following:
Joubert Lotz • 082 569 8744 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• We are perfectly situated 3km from the turn-off to the Swartberg Pass.
• The first summit at Teeberg is a 14km ride from Yellow House with 750m of ascend. It should take the average rider about 90 minutes up and 30 minutes down.
• Or you can push through to The Top, which is 19km from Yellow House and 920m of ascend. Two hours to The Top and 45 minutes back down to a cold beer.
• This epic ride is a must for any serious rider. It’s a tough 6-7 hour ride into The Hell, and the same back.
• Very serious riders can consider a day ride in and out, but that is extreme.
• For the more average, but still fit riders, we suggest a two day trip.
• We can help you put a package together where we will arrange accommodation in The Hell and we will cater for you for dinner and breakfast, as well as seconding along the way.
• This is a very easy, relaxed ride.
• We travel by vehicle to Klaarstroom. From there we cycle through Meiringspoort to De Rust.
• This is downhill all the way, so we cycle non-stop to get the feel of the kloof. At De Rust we have a nice cup of coffee and a snack at Ray’s coffeeshop.
• We then cycle back, stopping at various drifts where I will give you some information about the history of the kloof.
• At Uitspan, about two thirds of the way back, we have a lovely lunch with a few braai snacks ands drinks. Menu negotiable.
• From there we cycle back to the cars, head home for a relaxing afternoon and look forward to a delicious dinner served by top chef Petro Lotz at Yellow House.
Various Circular Routes
• We have routes through Karoo landscape from a 1 hour, 90 minutes up to a three hour loop.
• Again we can arrange for back-up and water points on arrangement.